Monday, October 09, 2006
We are family
Whew. So we got back from Palm Springs last night, and Rocket Boy had to leave at 3:00 this morning to work out of town all week. I have no idea how he can do it- I was so worried about him driving after he left this morning that I couldn't go back to sleep. Well, if we can't be together physically at least we can both be equally exhausted! Ha.
The trip was...not what I expected, but good overall. The airlines lost our luggage (If you ever think it's a good idea to save money by changing airlines in the middle of a trip, don't do it. Avoid it at all costs!) and the Las Vegas airport smells like dirty wet feet. But they did find our bags and deliver them to my Grandpa's house (at 10 pm) for us.
We also missed some of the cousins that I really wanted to see, but there will be other trips.
I did score some fun crafty things from an antique store we stopped at on the way back from an orchid show. We also went to Thousand Palms and walked the fault line and stopped at the oasis, which is the most beautiful place I've ever seen. No pictures though- My camera was packed in my bag and it hadn't been found yet when we went. That's okay. I like having it just for my memory.
Rocket Boy had his first ever In-N-Out Burger, animal style of course. I think he was impressed. Okay- I know he was because we stopped at another In-N-Out on the way to the airport and had double doubles before we left. Yum!
Here's my to do list for the week:
1. Finish patching Rocket Boy's work pants. There are 3 pair left. It's embarrassing to have a husband going to work in hole-y jeans because I'm to lazy to sew them up.
2. Finish my Big Lebowski swap package.
3. Finish 2 necklaces for a personal Glitter swap.
4. Finish 1 Necklace for a personal Craftster swap.
5. CLEAN THE HOUSE. Ew. Just thinking about this one makes me sad. It's such a dump around here.
6. Change my car registration to our new address. Um, yeah- we've lived here over 2 years now. Noticing a trend are you?
7. Something else, but I've forgotten what it was.