Wednesday, November 08, 2006

People get ready....

I had written a very long post about how much I think the new Colorado constitutional amendment that marriage is only one man and one woman sucks sweaty goat balls, but it was full of anger and cussing, and I don't want to put those feelings out into the world right now.
But I will say this: Denying people the right to marry is the most judgemental thing I can think of. And don't even get me started on denying homosexuals the same basic legal rights that we allow common law couples (which, let's face it, is fancy talk for "living in sin") because it's dangerous.

Dangerous to who? I don't need someone telling me what my marriage does and does not stand for. It's MY marriage. I'm positive that same sex couples don't need their long term committed relationships defined for them either.

I think it's bullshit. Whoever wants to marry should be allowed to do it. I pray that none of the people who voted that way have children who will one day have to tell their parents that they are homosexual.

That's all I can say about it right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you go girl! love your post and i couldn't agree more. how can someones else's marriage be important to anyone but them? it takes real courage to come out and say you're homosexual. love knows no bounds!! i say support the all those who love one another, no matter who they are!