Saturday, December 16, 2006

One year


Rocket Boy took me to a cabin in Allens Park for our one year anniversary (December 13). I cannot believe that I've been married for a whole year! I am so blessed to have him in my life- he is the kindest, most imaginative, sensitive man I've ever met. He's my bestest friend, and I've learned so much about myself just by hanging out with him.

I snapped these photos of the ancient first aid kit I found in the kitchen right before my camera decided that it didn't like working there. I was really sad that it was broken, but as soon as we got home it started working again. Stupid technology. There were a ton of cool things in the cabin, old leaflets about the mountains, cool books, and knick-knacks. I wanted to get pics of everything, but oh well. Maybe we'll go back in a few years.

The cabin was lovely. It was built in 1914, and it was pretty drafty, but there was a fireplace to snuggle in front of. My only complaint is that I forgot my pillow, and since I'm such a tender, fragile flower I woke up with a sore neck each morning. We drove into Estes Park twice to wander around and got another blown glass ornament for the collection (which I'll take a picture of some day...) we also picked up a few presents while we were there.

Okay- I'm off to wrap some presents and make a final list of things to do before Christmas.

No comments: