Monday, February 19, 2007

Still hibernating



Of course I did not do what I said I was going to do in my last post. Oh well.

I have been crafting though! One of my students gave me a beautiful blank book for the holidays. I wanted to turn it into a photo album or something because the pages are a beautiful shiny black. Then I decided that it's perfect for my sister and I to send back and forth to each other while she lives out of state. We're filling the pages with letters and art and scrapbook type things. Here's the inside front cover. I used a library pocket from a used book I bought years ago and some of my favorite stamps from my collection.



Then I wrote her a letter and made a little letter pocket to put it in. I was making a stamp for the corner too, but I sliced my hand open with the exacto knife and abandoned that project for awhile.

2 comments:

LuciMama said...

Oh, MAN, that is so sweet!

I would love to do something like this with my sister, but I'm afraid if I ask her she'll insist that she's just not creative, or she doesn't have the time ... and that if I just go ahead and start it, that she just "won't play."

For the moment, at least, I'll just take vicarious pleasure in you and your sister doing it, I guess. And maybe I'll get brave and ask my sister if she'd do this with me sometime.

Oh, and it's beautiful, as well as wonderful! Nice work.

Pearlie said...

Thanks, Luci! (there's a real life letter in the works for you too, my friend)

I was really scared that my sister would not want to do this with me, for the same reasons you think your sister wouldn't want to. I suggested it on the phone one night and I hadn't even finished explaining what I wanted to do before she said, "Yes! That sounds cool! Let's do it! Send it to me!" I was so surprised I almost peed myself.

She just got it today and I can't wait to get it back.