Sunday, June 10, 2007

Summer crafty

So far this summer break I've met my goal of working on a project everyday. I have not yet reached my goals of a blog post or a finished project everyday, but I'm getting there.

I needed to send out a thank you card for a beautiful capelet that one of the glitter girls sent me, so I went a little crazy and made a whole stack of cards.




The mermaids are my favorite. I used parts of the illustrations from The Water Babies and some random lady illios I had laying around for inspiration.

On Friday my friend Laura and I sat around for hours teaching ourselves to crochet. Well, teaching ourselves the "real" way to crochet using patterns and all that. I should have something crocheted to show soon!

Yesterday Rocket Boy and I drove around with my sister looking at houses. We've got a realtor lined up to start showing us some and hopefully we'll be in a house of our very own by the end of the summer! It's a little overwhelming, to be honest. I had a little bit of a freak out this morning because I act like a spoiled three year old when I'm faced with any sort of long term change.

I'm off to do some more crafty things- Maybe I'll finish another project today!

No comments: